A brand of Chinese chocolates called Gong xiFacai has been taken off shelves in New York due to incorrect and inaccurate labeling. According to routine tests performed on random samples of the potentially dangerous consumer products, they contained undeclared allergens. The allergens were peanuts and milk, and for any New York resident who is severely allergic to these ingredients, they have the potential for causing serious reactions, permanent injury and even death.
The recall was announced by the distributor of the chocolates after tests were performed by the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets Food Inspectors. A normal sampling of the chocolates revealed that peanuts and milk could be found in them. Fortunately, even though these allergens have the potential for causing serious reactions, no illnesses or injuries have yet to be reported by consumers who ingested the product.
Those in possession of these chocolates may wish to return them to the store where they purchased them for a refund immediately. They are certainly encouraged not to eat them. Any further questions about the ingredients contained in the chocolates can be directed to the company.
It is vital for food manufacturers to accurately label the ingredients found in their products. Indeed, some people who come in contact with even a small amount of peanuts can go into potentially deadly anaphylactic shock. Consumers in New York who suspect that they or loved ones were injured or killed by dangerous consumer products may wish to investigate the strengths and weaknesses of pursuing a personal injury or wrongful death claim for damages. If an individual is hurt because of a product defect, the manufacturer of the product can be held liable for damages in many cases.
Source: fda.gov, "Domega NY International Co Ltd Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Peanuts And Milk In Gong Xifacai Gift Chocolates", June 17, 2014
There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.
Leave a Comment